Japanese Snap coin purse


For my birthday back in July, one of my most stylish friends, Mel, gave me a stash of beautiful Japanese fabrics. Last year, I made a bunch of zippered pouches for the craft sale at my church. Mel had mentioned that this fabric would make super cute change purses.

I decided it would be perfect to take the snap coin purse class at the workroom and learn how to make these change purses properly. I always do a better job when I take a class.  The pattern that Reva designed for the class has a pretty little ruche to give the purse a little body.


I chose the gorgeous teal Japanese fabric and fussy cut it so that there were cherry blossoms showing on both sides. For the lining, I used leftover fabric from my pleated marble dress. Now I just need to do what Karyn did a couple years ago and assembly-line the whole process to make a whole bunch as Christmas gifts! Or hope that there's another craft sale at my church again!


karyn  – (October 31, 2011 at 1:56 AM)  

it turned out so cute. love that fabric with the metallic bits.

wubecca –   – (November 2, 2011 at 11:49 AM)  

i love the coin purse! (and the gorgeous fabrics!).

OneCraftyFox  – (November 3, 2011 at 7:11 PM)  

Incredible!! I miss you too sweetie, so much...

Jennifer Anne  – (November 9, 2011 at 1:19 PM)  

I am put to shame by all the sewing you've been doing! You're so talented, my friend.

Paula  – (November 12, 2011 at 9:58 AM)  

so beautiful!! nice work.... my change purse feels inadequate ;)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP