Multi-tasker Tote for baby



My friend, Julie, showed me her fabulous Multi-tasker tote by Anna Maria Horner and noted how perfect it was as a baby bag.

My favourite bag to sew is usually the Birdie Sling by Amy Butler, but it's not a great pattern for a baby bag.

This Multi-tasker has nice big pockets on the outside (perfect for bottles?) and the opening to the bag is nice and wide. The biggest downside of the Birdie Sling is probably its small opening: I find myself digging around for stuff, unable to open the bag wide enough to find my smaller items.



I had just enough nani iro oil cloth left over from my rain jacket expansion to use as the exterior fabric. I added some bright yellow piping to make the pockets really stand out, and then added an extra zippered pocket to the inside of the bag. I also wanted the straps to be extra comfy so I widened it slightly and added a thick interfacing.


I'm so proud of this bag. There are so many options for customizing; I think the next time I make this I will also add an exterior pocket. If I ever get to set up shop teaching some sewing classes, this is definitely my first pick: it's loaded with easy basics as well as lots of room for creative additions!



Mrs. Niles and Juanita  – (October 27, 2011 at 7:07 AM)  

That bag is amazing, Kelly!!!! Love the elastic sides too, so that you can stretch the opening, but so that it's not so big that stuff will fall out. Awesome!!! I still need to get myself a good diaper bag...but off to Babies R Us for me :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP