Churn Dash

Last night was my first quilt class. I spent forever picking some coordinating fabric to go with my initial border fabric.


From sewing


Although I struggled to stay away from the whimsical (a little polka dot got in there) I think it was successfully balanced with some masculine plaid (thanks Jerisse!)

From sewing

The darkest fabric I picked is a deep chocolate brown that has slight fades in it. Upon closer examination, there are cursive words dispersed throughout: "Good" "first" "Spring" "Beauty" ...

And now the reveal of my very first quilt block: the Churn Dash! Can't remember why it's called the churn dash, but something about churning and dashing...

From sewing

Daniel  – (September 13, 2010 at 9:35 AM)  

So I though you said "curse" words
and I was wondering how "Good" "first" "Spring" "Beauty where curse words

Emily  – (September 21, 2010 at 10:25 PM)  

brown and pink are such a delicious fall choice. yum.

on first glance, egotistical me thought the chocolate brown had "emily" imprinted on it. whoops. I guess "enjoy" is a good word too.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP