Oh bring back my bonnet to me

I lost it. The brand new bonnet that I sewed for Lily. Yes, the one I just posted about.

In a chaotic kerfuffle at the park, the bonnet was misplaced. We returned to the park a couple hours later, scoured the area, even checked if it was not atop another cute child's head, but alas, we have declared it officially gone.

I don't know if I was more heartbroken or more relieved that I had made the bonnet. All that hard work, gone, but at least I can sew her another.

To mourn the loss of the truck-bonnet, I did a one-eighty and sewed her new bonnet out of the leftover elephant fabric from her houndstooth quilt. A pink bonnet with lace ties. Sorry Dustin, pretty much as girly as it gets.

Lily was nice enough to model the new bonnet on my birthday picnic!


Mrs. Niles and Ellie –   – (July 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM)  

love it. love it love it love it. But you may want to change her name to Ms. Bennett... :)

OneCraftyFox  – (August 5, 2012 at 8:36 PM)  

Your little Lily is precious and you are amazing for all the wonderful things you continue to do. Many moms would simply have gone out and bought a cheapo bonnet at Walmart :)

Congratulations on your CityLine Blogger feature!

I hope this summer is treating you wonderfully.

Diana

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP