Racer-back tunic




About a month before my trip to Mexico, I had big sewing plans. I was going to sew myself a new dress for the wedding I was attending; I wanted to sew a new toiletry bag; I dreamed about how great Amy Butler's Blue Sky Hat would be for the trip. Perhaps a tunic to double as a bathing suit cover up?

I started and ended with the tunic.

But: I created my first original pattern! I knew I wanted a racer-back design, so I used some skills that I learned from the "knock it off" class at the workroom to shape the back of the tunic.

As with my last "dress b", I used fabric from a bolt sale put on by Textile Museum of Canada (there's another sale happening on May 27th!) I made sure to match up the horizontal lines, and by sheer luck, the zigzags lined up to be exactly in the front-center and back-center.

The tunic was great for a beach cover-up in Mexico. For every-day wear, I can pair it with some leggings, or wear it like a blouse.

Now that I'm back and well rested, maybe I'll try and tackle some of those other projects...

OneCraftyFox  – (May 19, 2011 at 9:43 PM)  

Awesome, altering patterns is so much fun!

Emily  – (May 20, 2011 at 11:48 AM)  

Your tan looks great in coral.

Jennifer Anne  – (May 23, 2011 at 8:45 AM)  

The matching zig zag is impressive, kel. Bolt sale number 2, here we come!

wubecca –   – (May 26, 2011 at 2:07 PM)  

congrats on your pattern and you look absolute fabulous on the beach with the very mexican colors of your tunic! =)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP