Quilty Pleasures

Next week I fulfil one of my longtime old-lady dreams: I start a quilting class!!!

I signed up for the Sampler Quilt class at the workroom (where else?!). Our task before the first class is to pick the border fabric from which we will build the rest of the quilt. A multi coloured pattern that is medium to large size print.

This is the fabric that I chose:

From sewing

This fabric is from the Gypsy Glitter collection by Art Gallery Fabrics. It's a mixture of paisley and floral but I think it's not too girly with the more neutral colours and only a subtle splash of pinks.

I've been scouring Karyn's flickr page to get ideas of what the sampler quilts will looks like. Here are some of my favourites:







The first quilting class will be spent talking about fabric selection. I think I'll probably try to pick fabrics that have finer prints so that from far away, they look mostly solid. Although I love, love, love prints, I think I was drawn to these three quilts because the 6 quilt designs pop out. They aren't lost in crazy quilt prints. We'll see how it goes... I really love crazy prints!

Daniel  – (September 2, 2010 at 8:15 AM)  

What are you going to do when you are an old lady?
Start learning how to target shoot?

Shah Sazib  – (November 29, 2020 at 1:54 PM)  

Wonderful fabric deign. I love this store very much! I found another fabric store which is Broadway Fabrics.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP