The Behemoth

From vacation


If you haven't been to Canada's Wonderland in the last year or so, know this: things have changed. Some for the better, some for the worse, and some for the AWESOME!

This past Wednesday, my "Urban Family" and I went to Wonderland to escape the world of work, research, and whatever it is that Dan does. Also: we wanted to avoid the weekend crowd.

Apparently everyone else had the same idea, so although our first three rides (before 11am) were without lines, the majority of the day was spent standing in line, judging all the thick eyeliner, coloured contacts, impeccably short shorts, tight-see-through tops, double-popped-collars, exposed chest hair, and Lamb of God (the heavy metal band, not Jesus the son of God) t-shirts. We must have missed the memo on Canada's Wonderland dresscode.

We found ourselves saying (on multiple occasions) "my mother would never have let me out of the house looking like that." (The first occasion was referring to exposed cheeks. Not the ones on the face.) How proud my mother would have been.

To prove that we were just from a more "tastefully dressed" era, and not "old," we made it our mission to do The Behemoth as many times as we could. Last year, we did it four times. This time, we only managed three -- limited only by rain and the length of the lineup, and not our Young Roller Coaster Spirits.

From vacation


The ride is fabulous. I recommend to all. Even my mother would love it. Words alone cannot express how exhilirating a ride it is; therefore, I bought a mug. A very large mug. You could say it was a behemoth.

From vacation

emily  – (August 19, 2009 at 1:03 PM)  

thought you'd start a blog! will we be seeing skirts, dresses, clutches, totes, insert-other-sewing endeavours?

Kelly  – (August 20, 2009 at 8:49 AM)  

Of course! I'm working on a modified Birdie Sling Bag right now. It'll be my chance to show off the other half dozen that I've already made. Stay tuned...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP