There's a 'P' on her Tee!

My best friend's birthday was yesterday.

I had the perfect gift.

After purchasing my very own Bernina Serger with Christmas gift cards, I immediately signed up for the t-shirt class at the workroom. I think it's my favourite class so far (except that the birdie sling will always hold a special place in my heart because it was "the class that started it all.") I chose to make myself a v-neck, extra-long t-shirt. Everyone in the class had a spectacular product worthy of purchase in any American Apparel.

From sewing

From sewing

I had just enough leftover fabric to make another tee for my teeny tiny best friend. And for a special touch: a P (for Priscilla.) Super chic houndstooth with a button for the hole. I just love any detailing that incorporates buttons!

From sewing

From sewing

It was also time that I came up with a label to sew onto my handmade masterpieces. After lots of humming and hawing, Dustin helped me design this simple label. I printed it on cotton that feeds right in your inkjet printer and am so impressed with how professional it looks. It's a good thing I married into the Dunwell family, and not the Duncrappy family.

From sewing

Elisabeth  – (February 11, 2010 at 9:14 AM)  

Kelly, where did you buy the print-on fabric? Staples? Love this...
(BTW I am Paula' sis, have you figured that out yet? ;))

Daniel  – (February 11, 2010 at 9:54 AM)  

Also, that is an awesome name for a company!

Kelly  – (February 11, 2010 at 4:53 PM)  

Elisabeth: yes! I figured it out! I saw the picture and went "that's Paula! but not..." I bought the paper from Michael's. not sure if they have one in montreal, but I'm sure you can find it at DeSerres. it was about $25 but you get 10 sheets. which means a LOT of labels.

Unknown  – (March 12, 2010 at 4:30 PM)  

Wow!! that's an awesome idea for labels!! Thanks Kelly!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP