Say you love crepes!

Ricky Bobby prefers to call them "really thin pancakes" but I think crepes are so much better than a spongy pancake.

From Food

Our CSA boxes have been plentiful in the world of flour. First, Red Fife flour which I used to make Red Fife Blueberry Banana muffins. Then I received some Spelt Flour, which is still standing proud in my pantry. Today, I picked up some Rye Flour. Time to learn how to bake bread! Rye not?

In the meantime, I need to keep replacing regular recipes with some of this fancy flour.

This past Saturday, I woke up at 8am. Definitely not because I wanted to. I just can't seem to sleep in on Saturday mornings, especially when I want to make crepes.

I used Alton Brown's recipe for crepes, replaced half the flour with Red Fife whole wheat Flour and then decided it was far too runny and added more all-purpose flour. In the end, I think I did 3/4 cup AP flour, and 1/2 cup Red Fife flour.

From Food

The great thing about crepes is that you can cook them, cool them, stack them, store them in the fridge and then warm them up in the microwave when the rest of the house is awake 2 hours later.

Add some fresh fruit (I used bananas, mangoes, kiwis, blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries), plain yogurt, real maple syrup, and homemade granola: YUM-O!

From Food

My homemade granola was adapted from the Joy of Baking recipe. I nixed the nuts, cut the cinnamon in half, split the mixture into two pans in the oven, made sure to take it out after 15 mins (not 30) and right after it comes out of the oven, I drizzed some organic honey on top and gave it a last mix so it kinda stuck together. Perfect crunchy topping for the crepes!

From Food

From Food

emily  – (February 5, 2010 at 10:12 AM)  

that looks so very delicious; I'm drooling onto my desk. does the csa box come with ALL that fruit?

Kelly  – (February 5, 2010 at 10:35 AM)  

Sadly, no. None of the fruit is local :( Local fruit is only ever apples or pears so far. In retrospect, I should have cooked up some apples in cinnamon and sugar and done apple crepes!

Elisabeth  – (February 5, 2010 at 6:53 PM)  

I am no longer going to read your blog on an empty stomach. 'nuff said.

Carolyn  – (February 10, 2010 at 5:23 PM)  

looks so good....drool...i am coming to visit for breakfast some day

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP