Confused Christmas Cactus

From garden

My Christmas cactus is flowering! For many years, the plant was confused and thought it was an Easter cactus flowering mostly in March or April. Then, trying hard to make us proud, it would flower again in the summer. Poor little confused Christmas cactus.

It is early February, and this is the closest Buddy (yes, I named him Buddy) has gotten to flowering at Christmas! I'm so proud of him!

From garden

Unknown  – (February 3, 2010 at 9:16 PM)  

What?! You can't call him buddy, that's my name, need I remind you :)

Kelly: Hi buddy!
Todd: Hey!
Kelly: Not youuuuuu.

Kelly  – (February 3, 2010 at 10:08 PM)  

Yes, Jon, you're "Buddy" cuz you *are* my bud. The cactus is "Buddy" because it *has* buds. Maybe I need to rename him "Budsy"?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP