Crafty Cottage Getaway

How was everyone's weekend? I hope you had as lovely a weekend as I did.


I spent the weekend in a gorgeous cottage on Joseph Lake in the Muskoka region, thanks to Jenn and her generous friend Steve (and family!). It has been a dream of mine and Jenn's to devote an entire weekend to crafting, and this venue was a super wicked bonus.

From Crafty


From Crafty

To say our thanks, we ensured a gourmet menu for Steve. For his family, we adorned the cottaged with a couple crafts.

The menu for the weekend included fruit and granola crepes, winter root vegetable soup, quinoa salad, made-to-order eggs, and delicious snacks to boot... But my favourite meal was our dinner on Saturday night. Jenn whipped up an amazing cheese fondue made with gruyere and oka, and served it with an assortment of steamed veggies, nutty bread, cured meats, and crisp fruit. So delish!



For the crafty thank-you gifts, Jenn spent a good chunk of her weekend perfecting this beautifully embroidered wall hanging.




We also whipped up a set of four coasters. Jenn had a log cabin block lying around (don't we all?) so I cut it into four, much like a disappearing nine patch, and zigzag stitched it to layers of muslin. A little stitch-in-the-ditch, and tada! Gorgeous coasters for a gorgeous cottage.







Jennifer Anne  – (January 25, 2011 at 11:12 PM)  

WHAT AN AMAZING WEEKEND! Looks like a Dream... So, glad I was there! And, even more glad you were there to share in the creativity!

xo

Krystle C.  – (February 12, 2011 at 12:44 AM)  

GORGEOUS coasters! Can I get a set? =)

Got to get back to crafting - I have a crocheted baby rattle project brewing, but first I ought to finish my wedding thank-yous =( Le sigh!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP