Crafter by weekend

For those of you who don't know, I only moonlight as a crafty girl. Most of my day is spent doing Engineering related work. With other Engineers. Mostly men. We make jokes like "that guy is team mu" (mu is the static coefficient of friction. being on team friction refers to causing trouble. team mu is a surprisingly large team.) We're geeks. Root 3s, so to speak.


My crafty cottage getaway last weekend was such a breath of fresh air. (We didn't craft the entiiiiire weekend. There were breaks to catch up on the latest Bieber gossip, double dream hands, and this romantic music video; we found our Mr Darcy; we even spent some time with Harry Potter. I digress.)

My last post was the "thank you" post. This post is about the amazing crafting that was happening.

After Jenn finished the "where my heart belongs" embroidery, she worked on a quilt. Her fabric choices are just fabulous, separated by simple, natural beige to let the colours really pop.





Isabelle is slowly working away on an amazing crochet blanket, inspired by Jenn's find on this blog.





Laura worked on a super cute embroidered wall hanging. It was mostly done after the cottage weekend. Those are two mugs. "Filled with love." So cute.


I worked on a birdie sling (yup! the factory is reopening!) and also a baby quilt. But I can't share yet. Don't want to ruin the surprise. I did have fun sewing opposite Jenn in a "duelling sewing machine"-like setup.


It's so inspiring to spend a weekend with fellow crafters. Engineer by day, crafter by weekend!

Unknown  – (February 1, 2011 at 2:49 PM)  

This explanation made me laugh: "mu is the static coefficient of friction. being on team friction refers to causing trouble."

Not that there is anything funny about the explanation, but just the fact of the explanation.

Elisabeth  – (February 2, 2011 at 8:14 PM)  

Engineering girls who craft rock. Been at it for 20 years. And it's good for you, Daniel H. Pink says so (A Whole New Mind).
Mind you (heh heh), didn't need him to tell me that crafting was good for the brain!
BTW, what do you mean that you found your Mr. Darcy? Do you mean that you have chosen Matthew over Colin? Well, so did I!
How about that eh?

Kelly  – (February 2, 2011 at 10:00 PM)  

Why yes, Elisabeth, Matthew over Colin!!! I will always have a special place in my heart for Colin, but aside from being on the screen for 4 times longer, Matthew wins!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP