Double Wedding Ring Quilt


From sewing

Happy Easter!

I wasn't able to go home to visit my family in Ottawa this Easter, but I did manage to send a finished quilt home with my brother.

Back in February, I started working on a double wedding ring quilt for my mom and dad. The original plan was to take the class at the workroom taught by Johanna Masko (who taught the sampler quilt class as well.)  I didn't manage to take the class due to schedule conflicts and decided to go it alone. I missed Johanna dearly, and probably took twice as long as normal.

I'm still thrilled with the end product (don't look too closely...)  The colours were inspired by a piano concert hall and I think it really suits my parents' decor. Next time I'm there, I'll take a picture of the quilt in its new home.


wubecca –   – (April 25, 2011 at 6:08 PM)  

gorgeous, kel! it looks amazing - i'm sure it was such a lovely surprise for your parents =) x

Mrs. Niles  – (April 28, 2011 at 7:27 AM)  

I love how it's called a Double Wedding Ring Quilt. J's mom is making one for us and I love what it's supposed to represent. You're looks beautiful. I especially like the white background so that the rings pop out.

Paula  – (May 4, 2011 at 10:38 AM)  

Nice work Kel! Your piano concert hall vision came together amazingly!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP