Mad Pumpkin Carving Skills

From holiday

My deepest apologies for disappearing from the blogging world: I assure you, I've been mentally blogging my latest adventures. I just need the time to put it all down on paper -- er... blogger's server.

What better time than the virtual-one-extra-hour gifted to us by Mr. Daylight Savings?

Since it is Halloween, I will begin by sharing about our little pumpkin carving extravaganza. For the past few weeks, my housemate Angela has been dropping hints about getting pumpkins to carve for Halloween. I found it a little odd how excited she was about pumpkin carving... No, she is not 10.

Last weekend, she finally got her hands on 4 pumpkins and convinced us to get carvin'. You know those email forwards of crazy pumpkin carvings or those tv shows (perhaps only on food network) of professionals turning pumpkins into amazing works of art? My housemate can do that! She is secretly a professional pumpkin carver! She has mad pumpkin carving skills!

I'm almost embarrassed to show you what Dustin, Dan, and I came up with, but let's begin with Angela's work of art: Mike Wazowski.

From holiday

I have zero pumpkin carving skills and decided to make a pumpkin Pi.

From holiday

Dustin carved the Alfred Hitchcock silhouette.

From holiday

And Dan... he carved... this. (10 points for whoever knows what it is.)

From holiday

All in all, our pumpkins were a success. Too bad they were slightly mouldy by the time we displayed them at the front door tonight. Week-old pumpkins smell funny.

I'm crossing my fingers that I don't have to scrape them off the sidewalk because crazy kids thought it would be funny to bounce them like basketballs. I'm hoping Mike will keep the kids away: he's got his eye on them...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP