Kelly Burns (500 calories)

From Out and About


My double XL muffin top that I got for Christmas (thanks Santa) has resumed it's regular size. *phew* Thanks in part to my faithful friend Paula who encouraged us all to sign up for the Robbie Burns 8km race (and then proceeded to book a vacation to the Dominican Republic on the same week.)

The Robbie Burns Run is an 8km race in January. JANUARY. 9 am!!!!! What was I thinking?! Right: January is usually the time my muffin top gets out of control.

I trained a decent amount for this race, and never having run in cold, cold weather, I had a goal to run the 8km in less than an hour. I'm proud to announce a final race time of 52:57!

From Out and About

From Out and About

Dustin does not train. He finished the race in 37 mins. I think it was his steroid-laced breakfast of peanut butter and concord jam toast. (Perhaps it is the bizarre way he eats his toast from the outside in...)

From Food

Our post race festivities included excessive amounts of breakfast food at Cora's. I've been told that if you run a race in the name of Robbie Burns, the food you consume immediately after the race turns directly into muscle. It's called burnsmosis. The (smaller) tire around my waist must be made of a special kind of muscle.

Kandice –   – (January 29, 2010 at 2:28 PM)  

Congratulations! Was it cold? Haha #69!

Paula  – (February 11, 2010 at 10:22 AM)  

Great Picture!!! I will be there next year for sure...maybe all by myself =S

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP