Avenue des Champs Elysées

How's that for a normal title?

This post is about our stroll down the luxurious Avenue des Champs Elysées, famous for being the most beautiful street in the world. It definitely had beautiful stores that silently told me to "look, but don't go in."

Everything from Hermes, Chanel, Prada, Dior, Luis Vuitton, Yves Rocher... I was happy to just look from the outside.

From France

From France

From France


We also stopped at the famous Ladurée to check out what all the macaron fuss was about. After reading about macarons in Karyn's blog (different from the coconutty macaroon) I knew my trip to France would not be complete without a taste.

From France

From France

I made it about 1 meter in, and after being told "pas de photo" (no photos!) I decided the lineup was not worth it. Not to fret: this is not the last you will hear about the macaron.

From France
The end of the famous avenue is home to the equally famous Arc de Triomphe. Like the Eiffel Tower, we did not climb to the top. No lineups to blame this time. We were satisfied by the view, and a little intimidated by the traffic. I feel like in some way, it was my personal symbol of triumph for having not purchased anything along the way!

From France

From France

Unknown  – (July 15, 2010 at 7:19 AM)  

Hey Kelly, I visited all these places in 2003! You took me back there! I was so scared of that round about, I took the path to cross over every time!

Emily  – (July 17, 2010 at 10:43 AM)  

when in paris I took a peek into Louis Vuitton just to see what kind of things, aside from bags and other accessories, they sell... and lo and behold, LV bikes! LV wardrobes! LV fold-up beds that can be neatly tucked into a trunk! Crazy stuff...

Anyway, I love the Chanel photo, the one with the window display.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP