So Long, Farewell

It's winter. It's cold and dry. I wear a scarf. I wear lipgloss.




My hair has gotten so long, it strangles me when I try to put on a scarf.

My hair has gotten so long, some of it always manages to stick to my lipgloss.

My winter mornings leave me strangled, with a mouthful of hair for breakfast.

Do not fret! (I remind myself.) It is for a good cause! I have taken The Hair Dare.



On March 14th, I will donate at least 10 inches of hair to be made into wigs for children. It's sad when kids have conditions that cause hair loss (some or all) and it would make me so happy to say farewell to my long, long hair, knowing it will go to such a great cause.

My friend, Grace, is organizing this wonderful event; she's even secured a location for the after-party where friends and family can come and see the reveal!

What 'do will I sport? I'll probably go back to my early years. circa 1983. Barrettes are making a comeback.






If you are interested in being a fellow Hair Dare Devil please contact Grace via the website!

wubecca –   – (February 7, 2011 at 12:25 PM)  

fabulous kel! i can't wait to see the after picture =) it's as exciting as the 'what not to wear' reveal! ps. nice to see a pic of you most recent!!!!! xoxo

Grace Poon  – (February 10, 2011 at 11:25 PM)  

Awesome! I think you should sew yourself a plaid dress and replicate these very very cute pictures!!

karyn  – (February 11, 2011 at 12:10 AM)  

kelly! i'm so behind on reading blogs, i'm just catching up with you and all your crafty adventures! look at you go. i LOVE seeing everything you're working on.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP