Inspired by Carrie and Christian

From sewing

Earlier this summer I found this beautiful fabric that was reminiscent of the Christian Dior dress that Carrie Bradshaw wore on SaTC in season 3.




The fabric just sat there all summer as I tackled birdie sling after birdie sling, a new Japanese Dress class from the workroom, a leather clutch, and a million other home projects.

I always planned to make it into a beautiful dress. Although the CD dress was likely impossible, I decided to try a modified version of Heather Ross' Mendocino summer dress.


The result surpassed all my expectations. Although the fabric was unbelievably hard to work with, I think it turned out quite nicely!

From sewing

My cousin got married this past weekend. The wedding was beautiful: and I had the perfect dress to match it.

From weddings


From sewing

I have one last wedding to attend this weekend where I'll do the unthinkable and wear the dress again!!!

debbie  – (September 7, 2009 at 8:55 PM)  

i love the dress! it's beautiful! :)

emily  – (September 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM)  

very nice. love the print. what kind of fabric was it?

Kelly  – (September 9, 2009 at 8:09 PM)  

I want to tell the world it was silk satin, but alas, it's a polyester blend: part of Fabricland's inventory sale. I tell myself that it was so hard to sew because it was such a difficult fabric to work with; I bet silk chiffon would have been more obedient.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP