Tuscany on a cloudy day

I'm so behind on my blog posts. I'm hoping to do some catch-up this week, so remember to check back often!

When I had my fantastic crafty cottage weekend, I worked on a birdie sling for my friend, Helen. She loves to travel; she even blogs about it. So when I asked her about colour or style of fabric for the bag, she told me "Tuscany".

The original thought was maybe some rusty browns and earthy greens. But after staring at the beautiful fabric wall at the workroom, I was drawn to a slightly different colour scheme.

Here's a beautiful picture of Sorano (Tuscany, Italy) taken by Roland Gerth.



The buildings are just so beautifully aged, with a splash of rusty rooftop. I decided to forgo the earthy landscape and stick with the darker feel of the houses. Tuscany on a cloudy day.
(And a cute little surprise wine bottle fabric for the lining!)

From sewing


Krystle C.  – (February 28, 2011 at 9:58 AM)  

Ooh jealous! I LOVE that grey - reminds me of the theme we used for our wedding website =)

Emily  – (March 1, 2011 at 5:27 PM)  

I am in love with this fabric combination. In LOVE

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP